Simple Chainsaw Safety Rules to Protect You from Injury
A chainsaw is an ultimate power tool that can be highly useful for several projects, but it is also the most dangerous tool at your disposal. Even before you learn to handle a chainsaw; you must know all its safety rules and guidelines like the back of your hand. We thus, present a few critical safety tips that you must learn by heart before using the chainsaw.
- Before using any chainsaw; it is critical that you read its manual word-by-word and even learn it thoroughly. Each chainsaw is different, and thus you must never club them together. It is always better to be well-acquainted with your particular model.
- It would help if you never were egoistic about your abilities. It is always advisable to call a professional if you are using it for the first time or if it looks like beyond your comfort level and abilities. Safety should always take precedence above everything.
- You must always wear proper protective gear like the goggles, boot, hearing protection, hard hat, gloves and finally chaps. Owning the best chainsaw chaps is absolutely vital for your security. You can see this post about the best chainsaw chaps to know more about them.
- Your work area should always be clean. It’s best you check the work area with the chainsaw before you even begin the project. Ensure that the power is off so that you do start it by accident and move with it to verify that everything is smooth and no wires are getting entangled, and nothing happens to trigger an accident.
- No beginner or inexperienced person should start with big projects. It is always advisable to start with light and small projects like cutting branches and firewood from a small and soft tree. You should always have somebody alongside you as well as a first-aid box handy just in case something goes wrong.
There are plenty of other safety tips to follow, but these are good to start with.